[GeoSciML] Vocabulary terms - sentence case or lower case? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Wed Nov 7 17:06:12 EST 2012

Dear vocabulary folk,

Could I get a measure of whether people use (or prefer) lower case or sentence case for vocabulary term preferred labels? eg, "brittle deformation" or "Brittle deformation"; "lithostratigraphic unit" or "Lithostratigraphic unit"?  In my investigations of vocabularies from many sources, I have seen no consistency.

Can the vocabulary working group come to a consensus that we can adopt?

PS. My personal preference is for lower case unless it is a proper noun (eg, "short", "long", "Esperanza Formation", "Mesozoic").

Oceania Councillor & Interoperability Working Group

Phone:  +61 2 6249 9575    Fax:  +61 2 6249 9971