[GeoSciML] R: FW: 2013 CGI-IWG meeting date & location[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Laxton, John L. jll at bgs.ac.uk
Fri Oct 5 06:11:04 EDT 2012

Folks,

Once the responsibility for GeoSciML passes to the OGC, which is planned to happen early 2013, then discussion of GeoSciML will take place during OGC TWG meetings. The IWG will then only be responsible for ERML while the Vocabularies group will continue to be responsible for the development of the vocabularies. As we do not have control of the venues/dates for OGC TWG meetings I think it follows that the IWG and Vocabularies groups should arrange their meetings around an appropriate OGC TWG. Whether the CGI Council also does is up to them, but in times of diminishing budgets for most of us I think we have to plan around efficient use of travel.

John