[GeoSciML] RE : CityGML [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Mon Oct 8 18:00:48 EDT 2012

Do they have several schema packages or do they simply deliver more of the optional properties ?

Or is it just more detailed geometries ?

________________________________
De : geosciml-bounces+eric.boisvert=rncan-nrcan.gc.ca at lists.opengeospatial.org [geosciml-bounces+eric.boisvert=rncan-nrcan.gc.ca at lists.opengeospatial.org] de la part de Dale.Percival at ga.gov.au [Dale.Percival at ga.gov.au]
Date d'envoi : 8 octobre 2012 16:50
À : geosciml at lists.opengeospatial.org
Objet : [GeoSciML] CityGML [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi everyone,

I was at a presentation yesterday of CityGML where the concept of levels of detail has been incorporated into their model and was wondering if we had considered anything similar? Their concept is that different application of delivered data is used for different purposes so that each level is progressively more detailed ranging from aerial imagery of a city through to indoor  navigation. Not sure it fits in the geology context but it seems to be something we have wrestled with and one reason why the model has become as complex as it has.

Cheers,
Dale.