[GeoSciML] CityGML [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Mon Oct 8 21:55:40 EDT 2012

Yes, MappedFeature:resolutionScale is our method if indicating an appropriate scale of use for the delivered feature.

Purely for ease of data management, we at GA manage our different scale geological data in different feature datasets (it just gets messy managing different scales of data together with topologies etc).  I don't know that we would have a data delivery use case to deliver 50K, 100K, 250K, 1M, etc geological data all in one service, but you could do it using resolutionScale to distinguish the different scale features.

The topo map data people at GA built a "multi-scale" ESRI geodatabase a few years back, and I have heard some reports from people who wished they hadn't.

Interoperability Working Group

Phone:  +61 2 6249 9575    Fax:  +61 2 6249 9971
Cnr Jerrabomberra Avenue and Hindmarsh Drive Symonston ACT
GPO Box 378 Canberra ACT 2601 Australia