[GeoSciML] WFS querying of properties specified with xlink:href

Wed Oct 10 10:05:09 EDT 2012

>URIs and I'm not sure how well WFS software actually supports this querying

That's the problem.  The current softwares don't split serialisation model and query model.
As long as the software does a strict RDBMS <-> GML, you will be stucked with this situation.

So as a pragmatic approach, one can state in a profile that

property/xlink:href is equivalent and shall be used instead of property/*/gsml:identifier

In the profile, I guess it should be described if this can also be used when the feature can be serialised inline (when there are not always xlink:href) or it this is stricly to be used when the property is byRef only (when the schema has gml:Reference)