[GeoSciML] using SLDs - big problem with OneGeology layer naming conventions

Steve Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Mon Oct 15 22:05:51 EDT 2012

The WMS has to have a layer matching the sld:namedLayer element. It sort of
makes sense I guess, since there's no concept of something like a feature
type in the WMS capabilities--how do you match a layer definition in the SLD
with a layer in the WMS...
So either OneGeology has to add a layer that has the same name in every
service (e.g. geoPoly, GeoLine or something like that) as an SLD named layer
target, or the client has to spin up different SLD's for each WMS call that
it want to integrate using the SLD portrayal scheme....  I'm hoping someone
out there has a better idea!