[GeoSciML] using SLDs - big problem with OneGeology layer naming conventions

Steve Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Tue Oct 16 00:50:00 EDT 2012

Alistair--
I'm trying to do SLD WMS requests.
Try these:
http://geology.data.vic.gov.au/services/onegeology/DPI_Bedrock_and_Superfici
al_Geology/wms?request=GetMap&service=WMS&version=1.3.0&CRS=CRS:84&BBOX=141,
-36,148,-34&WIDTH=1706&HEIGHT=1353&STYLES=geology-lithology&FORMAT=image/png
&LAYERS=oneg:AU-VIC_DPI_250k_BLT&SLD=http://schemas.usgin.org/schemas/slds/C
GISedimentLithology0000.sld

http://geology.data.vic.gov.au/services/onegeology/DPI_Bedrock_and_Superfici
al_Geology/wms?request=GetMap&service=WMS&version=1.3.0&CRS=CRS:84&BBOX=141,
-36,148,-34&WIDTH=1706&HEIGHT=1353&STYLES=geology-lithology&FORMAT=image/png
&LAYERS=oneg:AU-VIC_DPI_250k_BLT&SLD=http://schemas.usgin.org/schemas/slds/C
GISedimentLithologyVic0000.sld

The Vic0000.sld has a named layer = oneg:AU-VIC_DPI_250k_BLT  and fails
because there isn't a representativeLithology_uri property, the 0000.sld
draws  the oneg:AU-VIC_DPI_250k_BLT layer with the default symbolization
(I'm guessing) because the named layer in the SLD is
USA_USGIN_3M_Lithostratigraphy, so the SLD doesn't do anything.   If the
layer name in the request is USA_USGIN_3M_Lithostratigraphy, an exception is
thrown saying no such layer in the service...