[GeoSciML] using SLDs - big problem with OneGeology layer naming conventions

Alistair Ritchie RitchieA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Tue Oct 16 05:42:42 EDT 2012

Sorry, I (obviously) forgot the context of the request when writing my reply.

"and fails because there isn't a representativeLithology_uri property"

Probably because it is REPRESENTATIVELITHOLOGY_URI in this service - the version of Geoserver used for that service can't alias table names so we get the upper case Oracle column names (which I probably should/could have aliased in Oracle).

I changed your SLD and it worked. This is a bug in GSV WMS which needs to be fixed.

To do what you want to do we must ask everyone to deploy a common GeoSciML portrayal layer in their WMS named - gsmlp:GeologicUnitView - that can be the target of these user defined SLD requests.