[GeoSciML] GeoSciML version 3.1 schema testing and instance docs [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Wed Oct 17 19:35:40 EDT 2012

Dear all,

The new GeoSciML v3.1 schemas have been alive for a few weeks now on the subversion at https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/subversion/GeoSciML/branches/3.1/schemas and at http://schemas.geosciml.org/<insert_schema_name>/3.1<http://schemas.geosciml.org/%3cinsert_schema_name%3e/3.1> .

I'd like to draw a line under the v3.1 testing at the end of November, given that there were only very minor changes from version 3.0 to 3.1.  Things to do before then include:

 *   make v3.1 copies of all v3.0 instance docs, and place them in https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/subversion/GeoSciML/branches/3.1/instances
 *   make a v3.1 copy of the Schematron script and place it in https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/subversion/GeoSciML/branches/3.1/schemas

It is my understanding that we are adopting Simon et al's proposed standard of using xlink:href="http://www.opengis.net/def/nil/OGC/0/unknown" for nils rather than the xsi:nil & nilReason that we did in v3.0.  So all the nils in the v3.0 instance docs will need to be changed to using xlinks in the v3.1 instance docs. (Marcus, I'm not sure if this will affect the Schematron script too.)

Oceania Councillor & Interoperability Working Group

Phone:  +61 2 6249 9575    Fax:  +61 2 6249 9971