[GeoSciML] GeoSciML schematron quirks [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Sun Oct 21 23:06:53 EDT 2012

Hi Marcus et al,

I have been running instance docs through the Schematron validation, using both the CSIRO schematron tool (http://xmldev.arrc.csiro.au/Schematron/) and my local Oxygen application, and I'm getting odd errors:

Phase: full.referential.integrity

External link (http://www.opengis.net/def/uom/OGC/1.0/metre ) must be resolvable.
External link (http://www.opengis.net/def/uom/OGC/1.0/degree ) must be resolvable.
External link (http://resource.geosciml.org/classifier/ics/ischart/UpperDevonian ) must be resolvable.
External link (http://resource.geosciml.org/classifier/ics/ischart/Carboniferous ) must be resolvable.

All of the above links are resolvable, so why am I receiving these errors?  Is it because they are redirected to a vocabulary service?

This line also returns a Schematron "unresolvable" error:  <gsml:samplingFrame xlink:href="http://sweet.jpl.nasa.gov/1.1/earthrealm.owl#LandSurface" xlink:title="Land surface"/>

Any ideas?

PS.   Other URL's in my instance document pass the resolvability test, like:
http://resource.geosciml.org/classifier/cgi/mappedfeatureobservationmethod/0001
http://resource.geosciml.org/classifierscheme/cgi/201012/mappedfeatureobservationmethod
http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/4283/
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616

Oceania Councillor & Interoperability Working Group

Phone:  +61 2 6249 9575    Fax:  +61 2 6249 9971