[GeoSciML] Moving forward with OGC, next steps

Steve Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Fri Oct 26 11:23:54 EDT 2012

Here's guidance from Carl Reed on the process:

The formation of a SWG does not need to be approved by the TC. There are a
number of steps that happen. These are all described in a spreadsheet.

https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=42012

And a FAQ-How to document for the OGC SWG process.

https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=22857

The next step will be a two week review of the charter (OGC Members and the
public). After the two week review period, I do a formal call for
participation.

We need to identify 3 OGC members as the submission team for the SWG charter
for GeoSciML, one has to be a TC Voting member.  Please let me know if your
organization will be on the submission team-we can have more than 3.

NOTE: Copyright

All submission team members shall agree to the following copyright policy:

The Submitters agree that the OGC may copy, distribute and otherwise make
available this submission for the purpose of evaluation, and that in the
event that the submission is accepted, that OGC will own the copyright in
the resulting standard or amendment and all rights therein, including the
rights of distribution.  This agreement shall not in any way deprive the
Submitter of any patent or other IPR relating to the technology to which its
submission relates.

AZGS will be a submitter, but I don't think we're a TC voting member.

I've got GA (Ollie Raymond) listed as a convener, which I think is same as
submitter. Is GA a TC voting member?

We also need to finalize the SWG charter. There's a draft in the CSIRO
subversion directory
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/subversion/GeoSciML/branches/4.0.0/Documents
(also attached, but please edit the subversion copy), and a subfolder there
has some other example charters.  Please have a look, I'd like to get the
submission in by 11/2 (next Friday.). Check the supporters and conveners
list at the end and add your organization if you are interested.

steve

Stephen M Richard

Arizona Geological Survey

416 W. congress #100