[GeoSciML] Vocabularies

Steve Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Mon Apr 15 20:00:58 EDT 2013

John-sorry about the delay.

Since there is currently not even a draft vocabulary for samplingFrame for
use in GeoSciML 3.1, I think that if you have something to offer from
INSPIRE, please put it forward.

Note that the old feature registry at
<https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/CGIModel/CGIFeatureRegister>
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/CGIModel/CGIFeatureRegister

Includes URNs for EarthNaturalSurface and EarthBedrockSurface, which are
probably the most common map horizons in use for geologic map features.

I added samplingFrame to the list of vocabularies we're working on in the
CGI_GTWG_VocabulariesWork google doc spreadsheet.

Are there any other vocabularies in use that we could feed into creating a
sampling feature vocabulary for MappedFeatures?

steve

Stephen M Richard

Arizona Geological Survey

416 W. congress #100