[GeoSciML] GeologicRelationTerm vocabulary

Steve Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Mon Apr 15 20:21:50 EDT 2013

This is a harder problem. There are several concrete subtypes of
GeologicFeatureRelation

BoundaryRelationshipTerm, DefiningStructureRelationshipTerm,
geologicHistoryRelationshipTerm, relationRoleTerm, materialRelationshipType
are in the list of vocabs to develop, but we don't have drafts. Stefan
Bergman has stepped up to shepherd boundary relationship and defining
structure relationship terms.

It seems at first glance that definingStructure and geologicHistory
relationship will both be pretty short vocabularies, since the relation is
hard typed, the only term would just be the class name. Boundary relation is
probably important (intrusive, unconformable, angular unconformal.).
MaterialRelationship would related constituent parts in an EarthMaterial
(overgrowth, replace, intergrowth.), and could also use some work.

Is there any instance data out there or use cases people need to implement ?

steve

Stephen M Richard

Arizona Geological Survey

416 W. congress #100