[GeoSciML] Vocabularies

Laxton, John L. jll at bgs.ac.uk
Tue Apr 16 11:00:20 EDT 2013

Hi Steve,

This is the vocabulary we used for samplingFrame (MappingFrame) in INSPIRE:

MappingFrameValue
Definition:

Terms indicating the surface on which the MappedFeature is projected.

Extensibility:

open

Identifier:

http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codeList/MappingFrameTerm

Values:

The allowed values for this code list comprise the values specified in the table below and additional values at any level defined by data providers.

baseOfQuaternary

Name:

base of quaternary

Definition:

Base of the predominantely unconsolidated sedimentary material of Quaternary age.

surfaceGeology

Name:

surface geology

Definition:

Bedrock and superficial deposits that would be visible if the overlying soil was removed or are exposed at the topographic surface.

topOfBasement

Name:

top of basement

Definition:

The surface in the crust of the Earth below sedimentary or volcanic deposits, or tectonically transported rock unit.

topOfBedrock

Name:

top of bedrock

Definition:

Top surface of the usually solid rock that may either be exposed at the topographic surface or covered by other unconsolidated deposits.

John