[GeoSciML] GeoSciML standards working group [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Wed Jan 2 22:49:22 EST 2013

Dear GeoSciMLers,

The OGC GeoSciML Standards Working Group is up and running on the OGC Portal website.  As I understand it, OGC members can access the GeoSciML SWG page and join the SWG by logging in to the OGC Portal (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/), choosing the "Projects" and "Standards program" tabs, then clicking on "GeoSciML SWG".  If you have not already, click and agree to the "Observer Agreement" under the "Main" tab.

14 people have already been added to the SWG membership -
bruce.simons at csiro.au<mailto:bruce.simons at csiro.au>
dale.percival at ga.gov.au<mailto:dale.percival at ga.gov.au>
eric.boisvert at rncan.gc.ca<mailto:eric.boisvert at rncan.gc.ca>
f.robida at brgm.fr<mailto:f.robida at brgm.fr>
gpercivall at opengeospatial.org<mailto:gpercivall at opengeospatial.org>
guillaume.duclaux at csiro.au<mailto:guillaume.duclaux at csiro.au>
jj.serrano at brgm.fr<mailto:jj.serrano at brgm.fr>
jll at bgs.ac.uk<mailto:jll at bgs.ac.uk>
john.herring at oracle.com<mailto:john.herring at oracle.com>
jouni.vuollo at gtk.fi<mailto:jouni.vuollo at gtk.fi>
oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au<mailto:oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au>
pbirkel at mitre.org<mailto:pbirkel at mitre.org>
steve.richard at azgs.az.gov<mailto:steve.richard at azgs.az.gov>
trd at bgs.ac.uk<mailto:trd at bgs.ac.uk>

(Dale - you need to change your email address in your OGC membership. Your affiliation says BoM, but your email says GA.)

Please continue to use our current email list for any GeoSciML communications.  OGC staff have set up a separate email list for OGC SWG members only -  geosciml.swg at lists.opengeospatial.org<mailto:geosciml.swg at lists.opengeospatial.org> - but I doubt that we will be using that one much, as we have non-OGC members in our community.

A draft agenda for the Redlands meeting is here: https://portal.opengeospatial.org/index.php?m=projects&a=view&project_id=420&tab=2&artifact_id=51896, and below:

DRAFT  AGENDA

GeoSciML SWG meeting

4-6 pm, 14 January 2013
Redlands, USA

1.  Nominations and election of chair of the new GeoSciML SWG
2.  Status report GeoSciML version 3.1 - Ollie Raymond
3.  Status report GeoSciML-Portrayal - Steve Richard and/or Ollie Raymond
4.  Discussion of the schedule of GeoSciML4 deliverables (see SWG Charter here: https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=51803&version=1)
5.  Status report GeoSciML version 4 - Steve Richard
6.  GeoSciML v4 UML model discussions and developments
(7.  Note: an informal continuation of the GeoSciML v4 development meeting will occur on Friday morning, 18 January. This is not in the formal TC Meeting program.)

Oceania Councillor & Interoperability Working Group

Phone:  +61 2 6249 9575    Fax:  +61 2 6249 9971