[GeoSciML] Questions regarding BoreholeView's elements in geosciml-portrayal.xsd [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Thu Jul 4 21:53:13 EDT 2013

Hi Florence and Rini,

1)      Oops, there's a typo in the schema documentation.  (That's what you get from copy & pasting from other schemas.)  It should read: "

<annotation>
            <documentation>URI referring the GeoSciML Borehole feature that describes the instance in detail. Mandatory property - if no value is provided then a URI referring to a controlled concept explaining why the value is nil must be provided.</documentation>
</annotation>

GeologicUnit should not be there.  We shall have to publish a v2.0.1 schema correction.  Thanks for finding the error.

2)      The metadata uri may point to a record from a ISO19115 CSW service, or it may point to some other web resource describing the borehole or set of boreholes.  For example, at GA we would  point to a HTML landing page for a dataset from our metadata database
http://www.ga.gov.au/metadata-gateway/metadata/record/gcat_73829/Borehole+Temperature+Collection

or the XML for that metadata record from our CSW service: http://www.ga.gov.au/metadata-gateway/metadata/record/gcat_73829/xml

Minerals and Natural Hazards Division  |  GEOSCIENCE AUSTRALIA<http://www.ga.gov.au/>

Oceania Councillor & Interoperability Working Group
IUGS Commission for the Management and Application of Geoscience Information<http://www.cgi-iugs.org/>

Chair, GeoSciML Standards Working Group
Open Geospatial Consortium<http://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/groups/geoscimlswg>

Phone:  +61 2 6249 9575    Fax:  +61 2 6249 9971