[GeoSciML] Next GeoSciML/ERML/Vocabularies face to face meeting [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Sat Jul 6 09:57:12 EDT 2013

> I think Eric also suggested that USA is due for a meeting.

unless Redlands counts.

In retrospect, I should have said "american continent" actually - in a spirit of not having the same people always doing the expensive trip. It was really from looking at where the last meetings were (Rome, Edinburgh, Wellington, St-Petersbugh), so Europe, Europe, Oceania, Europe.  Since we don't have people from South America, Africa or Asia (we used to have Japan) sitting at GeoSciML meetings, north america seems the logical spot.  But truth is , if we look at regular attendees," american continent(s)" ,  essentially means Canada or US (or Mexico - if I remember correctly, they were present at Tucson meeting).

This, said, I realise, unless I'm wrong, St-Petersburgh is the first (?) meeting that was not organised by a volunteer attending the previous meeting, so my logic does not work anymore.  I can ask what our Vancouver office thinks (bit closer to OZ, but quite an agony for Europeans)

 I'm also fine with Canberra - specially since I now know where the name comes from.