[GeoSciML] RE : Teleconference details for GeoSciML SWG meetings at St Petersburg [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce.Simons at csiro.au Bruce.Simons at csiro.au
Tue Jun 4 21:27:48 EDT 2013

Yes

-----Original Message-----
From: geosciml-bounces+bruce.simons=csiro.au at lists.opengeospatial.org [mailto:geosciml-bounces+bruce.simons=csiro.au at lists.opengeospatial.org] On Behalf Of Boisvert, Eric
Sent: Wednesday, 5 June 2013 11:27 AM
To: Public: A mailing list for GeoSciML
Subject: [GeoSciML] RE : Teleconference details for GeoSciML SWG meetings at St Petersburg [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

>have the requirements state that the package x will be as per the UML package x.

Just to be sure I don't mix things here.  By "package x", are you referring to a conformance class ?

________________________________
De : geosciml-bounces+eric.boisvert=rncan-nrcan.gc.ca at lists.opengeospatial.org [geosciml-bounces+eric.boisvert=rncan-nrcan.gc.ca at lists.opengeospatial.org] de la part de Bruce.Simons at csiro.au [Bruce.Simons at csiro.au] Date d'envoi : 4 juin 2013 19:37 À : geosciml at lists.opengeospatial.org Objet : Re: [GeoSciML] Teleconference details for GeoSciML SWG meetings at St Petersburg [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi guys,
Lots of good discussion last night.
I briefly spoke to Simon this morning about the challenge of specifying the GeoSciML requirements for OGC. He suggests that rather than trying to convert all the UML into Requirement statements, we could use the UML as the normative representation and then have the requirements state that the package x will be as per the UML package x.

Note also that each of these packages is aligned with the dependency packages, not the leaf packages.

Will talk tomorrow afternoon, Melbourne time.

Cheers
Bruce

Environmental Information Systems
CSIRO Land and Water