[GeoSciML] TR : TR : Queriability of QuantityRange

Mon Jun 24 17:26:54 EDT 2013

réponse de Alain

________________________________
De : Alexandre Robin [alex.robin at sensiasoftware.com]
Date d'envoi : 24 juin 2013 16:04
À : Boisvert, Eric
Cc : Simon Cox; Mike Botts
Objet : Re: TR : Queriability of QuantityRange

Hi Eric,

I actually got your email at my EADS address as well but did not have time to answer earlier.

I understand your issue and I don't see any problem with adding the following encoding to SWE Common :

<gsmlgu:proportion>
      <swe:QuantityRange>
        <swe:quality>
           <swe:Text>
             <swe:description>The numerical proportion ranges are just indicative as we only record qualitative proportion terms such as "all", "predominant", "subordinate".</swe:description>
            </swe:Text>
         </swe:quality>
        <swe:uom code="%"/>
        <swe:lowerValue>95</swe:lowerValue>
        <swe:upperValue>100</swe:upperValue>
      </swe:QuantityRange>
</gsmlgu:proportion>

However, this would have to be submitted as a change request to be taken into account in the next release of the standard. The good news is that it could be done in the next minor revision (i.e. 2.1) since the change is trivial and remains backward compatible with existing instances as long as we maintain the other encoding.

Regards,

Alexandre Robin
Sensia Software LLC
Innovation for the Geo-Sensor Web