[GeoSciML] Http-uri links in a GeoSciML-Portrayal WMS GetFeatureInfo response [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Thu Jan 23 18:37:57 EST 2014

Hi all,

The background:
As part of our drive to get people using GeoSciML-Portrayal, we are recommending that the schema be used for structuring WMS as well as simple WFS.  The schema uses http-uri as values for some attributes (eg, age uri, lithology uri, etc).

The question:

1.       Has anyone managed to get ArcGIS Server to deliver a WMS GetFeatureInfo response with the http-uri values delivered as hyperlinks rather than just plain text values?  (ie, so that a user can click on the url to see the linked data, rather than having to cut and past the url into a browser, which is a pain).

- an example from http://www.ga.gov.au/gis/services/earth_science/GA_Surface_Geology_of_Australia/MapServer/WMSServer

[cid:image001.png at 01CF18EF.C73B33F0]

2.       I am told that Geoserver can represent the uri's as hyperlinks in a WMS?  Easily?

Senior Geologist  - Information Management  |  GEOSCIENCE AUSTRALIA<http://www.ga.gov.au/>

Phone:  +61 2 6249 9575  |  Fax:  +61 2 6249 9971
Email:  Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au<mailto:Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au>  |  Web:  www.ga.gov.au<http://www.ga.gov.au/>
Cnr Jerrabomberra Avenue and Hindmarsh Drive,  Symonston,  ACT
GPO Box 378,  Canberra,  ACT,  2601,  Australia