[GeoSciML] Http-uri links in a GeoSciML-Portrayal WMS GetFeatureInfo response [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Mon Jan 27 08:59:02 EST 2014

> I suspect anyone with a sound grasp of HTML should be able to create these templates with easy (?!).

Actually, the templating is driven by FreeMarker, which has all kind of functions and operators to create whatever HTML.

ArcGIS Server 10 has something similar, but with XSLT

http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2010/09/29/styling-a-wms-getfeatureinfo-response-with-arcgis-server-10/

This will obviously only work for "dumb" client, that expect/request HTML, in which this behaviour can be injected.

For "smart" clients, that actually tries to parse the data and do something with it, you should follow the GML simple feature profile  (05-033r9 - http://www.ogcnetwork.net/gml-sf )clause 8.4.3.10.  A client that claims compliancy with simple feature profile should handle these as links.  Other smart clients behaviour is pretty much whatever the programmer thought was appropriate.

8.4.3.10 Defining elements that reference other resources
The following XML-Schema fragment shows how to declare an element whose value is a reference to a local or remote resource:
1 <xsd:element name="propertyName" type=" gml:ReferenceType" minOccurs="0|1">
2 <xsd:annotation>
3 <xsd:appinfo source="urn:x-gml:targetElement">target element</xsd:appinfo>
4 </xsd:annotation>
5 </xsd:element>
The value of the mandatory name attribute, propertyName, is a placeholder for the name of the element being declared which should match the name of feature property being encoded.
The use of the attributes minOccurs and maxOccurs is described in section 8.4.3.3.
The value of the mandatory type attribute must be gml:ReferenceType.
In order to indicate which element is the target of the reference, an XML Schema annotation must be used, as shown above, to specify the fully qualified target element name.
In instance documents, local objects may be identified using only the following shorthand xpointer expression template: a local resource is identified by setting the value of the xlink:href attribute to be the fragment separator '#' and the gml:id value of the feature. The absence of a URI before the fragment separator indicates that the local document is being referenced. For example:
xlink:href="#1013"
Similarly, remote objects may be identified by setting the value of the xlink:href attribute to be the URI for the remote document, a fragment seperator '#' and the id of the object being referenced. For example: