[GeoSciML] Borehole encoding [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Mon Mar 17 02:00:48 EDT 2014

Hi John and GeoSciMLers,

Re your enquiry about the status of our issues with borehole encoding...

1.       Ben, could you provide an update about the progress of the CR for borehole CRS's in WFS (see attached)?  The last communication I have is dated 11 July 2013 in which you suggested that non-reprojectable CRS's would be allowed by the WFS standard.

2.       Re our request for Geoserver to be able to deliver 1D intervals from a non-spatial database (ie, from simple numeric fields like "from" and "to") - According to Rini Angreani, her solution for this is meant to be incorporated into the latest Geoserver v2.5 RC1 release.  But I can't find it listed in the release notes... https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10311&version=19927.

3.       AFAIK, there still exists the problem of FES being unable to intelligently filter a number pair (eg, cannot perform a query  like "is greater than 100?" on an interval encoded as <gml:posList>57.9 66.4</gml:posList>), which would seriously limit the usability of a borehole interval delivered as a 1D GML line string.

Does anyone (Eric?) have any further information on the FES query issue?

In short, I think we need to continue to use the work-around attributes of "intervalBegin" and "intervalEnd" until further notice.

Minerals and Natural Hazards Division  |  GEOSCIENCE AUSTRALIA<http://www.ga.gov.au/>

IUGS Commission for the Management and Application of Geoscience Information<http://www.cgi-iugs.org/>
www.cgi-iugs.org<http://www.cgi-iugs.org>

Chair, GeoSciML Standards Working Group
Open Geospatial Consortium<http://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/groups/geoscimlswg>

Phone:  +61 2 6249 9575    Fax:  +61 2 6249 9971