[GeoSciML] Definitely FINAL dates for CGI & OGC working group meetings, Italy 2015 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Robert Tomas robert.tomas at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Wed Apr 8 11:47:01 EDT 2015

Hi Ollie, all

Thank for the effort - I do believe that having a CGI COUNCIL meeting back-to-back with the CGI/OGC WGs meetings will be beneficial. Also the fact that the meeting will be hosted here at JRC I hope could be useful - since there are several potential common topics for discussion between CGI community and INSPIRE coordinating team. (GCI x INSPIRE code lists, RDF encodings, INSPIRE x GeoSciML/EarthResourceML encodings etc.. it could be also future looking common topics (BIG data computing, Citizen science x authoritative data, global data sets – GEOSS, OneGeology, sophisticated visualisation etc..  it is up to us providing that we plan it in advance..

So we may start thinking on common session(s). .. :)

>From the logistical point of view it would be easier to have it in one week, but we will deal with it. :)

To start the lengthy administrative process to get you the permits, transport etc.. I’d need the list of participants to the CGI WGs as well s CGI Council meetings.

For the CGI WGs you need two meeting rooms for 3 days or one is enough?

Once I have the list of participants, number of rooms needed than I can move it to our fantastic secretaries to take care of everything (believe me there are several steps to be followed..)

All the best.

Robert

Robert TOMAS, PhD
Scientific / Technical Project Officer

European Commission
DG Joint Research Centre
Unit H06-Digital Earth and Reference Data
Via Enrico Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) Italia
Tel: +39 0332 78 5426
Fax: +39 0332 78 6369