[GeoSciML] Name of GeologicEvent/gaEventDescription property

Thu Jun 11 12:20:41 EDT 2015

Those SomethingSomethingAbstractDescription are extension stubs, sub types are supposed to be defined in extended packages or other community models.
But you are right, we don't have any concrete extension in GeoSciML itselt (don't remember if by design or omission)

-----Message d'origine-----
De : GeoSciML [mailto:geosciml-bounces+eric.boisvert=rncan-nrcan.gc.ca at lists.opengeospatial.org] De la part de Sen, Marcus A.
Envoyé : June 11, 2015 12:11
À : Public: A mailing list for GeoSciML
Objet : Re: [GeoSciML] Name of GeologicEvent/gaEventDescription property

> -----Original Message-----
> From: GeoSciML [mailto:geosciml-bounces at lists.opengeospatial.org] On
> Behalf Of Boisvert, Eric
> Sent: 11 June 2015 17:04
> To: Public: A mailing list for GeoSciML
> Subject: Re: [GeoSciML] Name of GeologicEvent/gaEventDescription
> property
>
> Geologic age ?
Sounds plausible. It doesn't seem very helpfully named in the current context. Also the content is a GeologicEventAbstractDescription which is abstract. Are there any concrete implementations of this class; I didn't see any on a quick scan. If not, what is the intended use of this property?

Marcus Sen
British Geological Survey
Keyworth
Nottingham