[GeoSciML] An Enterprise Architect problem [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Thu Jun 18 20:28:15 EDT 2015

Hi EA users,

I've just been "upgraded" to EA version 12. In previous versions of EA, I could see if a class attribute had the correct 'type' connection because when I clicked on the attribute type, it popped up a dialog box which showed exactly where in my EA model that attribute type was located (eg, in the example below, previous versions of EA would show me the full navigation tree to the "swe:Quantity" class - like the bottom picture).  In EA v12, that representation of the fully expanded navigation tree appears to have gone.   So now I can't confirm if the link to the attribute type "Quantity" has been set up correctly, or if it has been mistakenly linked to some other class named "Quantity, or if someone has just typed in the word "Quantity" into the 'type' field without making any concrete link to a type class.

Does anyone know if EA v12 can display a full path to an attribute type, like it did in previous versions?

Ollie

[cid:image001.png at 01D0AA79.318021F0]

[cid:image002.png at 01D0AA78.6A095BA0]

[cid:image003.png at 01D0AA7A.62071DF0]

Senior Geologist  - Information Management  |  GEOSCIENCE AUSTRALIA<http://www.ga.gov.au/>

IUGS Commission for the Management and Application of Geoscience Information<http://www.cgi-iugs.org/>
www.cgi-iugs.org<http://www.cgi-iugs.org/>

Acting Chair, GeoSciML Standards Working Group
Open Geospatial Consortium<http://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/groups/geoscimlswg>

Phone:  +61 2 6249 9575    Fax:  +61 2 6249 9971