[GeoSciML] GeoSciML 4 extension GeoServer configuration

Boisvert2, Eric (NRCan/RNCan) eric.boisvert2 at canada.ca
Fri Jun 10 05:23:43 EDT 2016

I don't know anything about GeoServer mapping, but looking at this

<AttributeMapping>
            <targetAttribute>gsmlb:gbUnitDescription/gsmlx:GeologicUnitDescription/gsmlx:unitThickness/swe:QuantityRange/swe:value</targetAttribute>
            <sourceExpression>
<OCQL>strConCat(strConCat(gsmlgu_thickness_lowervalue,' '),gsmlgu_thickness_uppervalue)</OCQL>
</sourceExpression>
</AttributeMapping>

Does it have anything to do with the fact that swe:value is actually a RealPair[0..1] ?

swe:QuanityRange has a valid substitution that exposes lower and upper values : GSML_QuantityRange  so

gsmlb:gbUnitDescription/gsmlx:GeologicUnitDescription/gsmlx:unitThickness/gsmlb:GWML_QuantityRange/gsmlb:lowervalue

is a valid alternative and lowervalue is a Real (a decimal value)

Also : I can't understand what that OCQL construct does.