[GeoSciML] GeoSciML 4 extension GeoServer configuration [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Raymond Oliver Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Mon Jun 13 23:01:34 EDT 2016

Hi Bruce,

I was hoping that someone with Geoserver smarts could help you, but I think we can assume that no-one has tried to use Geoserver to make a GeoSciML-Extension WFS?  I don’t know enough of the inner workings of Geoserver to really help you much, but here goes…

I can produce valid GeoSciML-Extension (gsmle) instance docs (see attached), and a tool like Oxygen is able to navigate the gsmlb<>gsmle link (ie, when creating the attached xml instance, Oxygen  prompted me with the next available gsmle element from gsmlb:gbUnitDescription, which is gsmle:GeologicUnitDetails).  So I don’t think it’s a problem with the schemas.

Your configuration #1 seems like the logical configuration to me.  I don’t think #2 was ever going to work.

Are you using GeoSciML-Extension as your root schema?  Not GeoSciML-Basic (see header of attached xml).

The only other thing I can think of is that you are using “gsmlx” as your prefix, not the “gsmle” that is used in the schema.  Is the problem perhaps that Geoserver is looking for “gsmlx:GeologicUnitDescriptionPropertyType”, not “gsmle: GeologicUnitDescriptionPropertyType” as described in the schema?

Have you asked Ben C-D or Alistair directly, or the wider Geoserver user community?