[GeoSciML] checking in, new address

Bruce.Simons at csiro.au Bruce.Simons at csiro.au
Thu Jun 23 09:03:13 EDT 2016

So only bedding, foliation, etc I.e. 'GeologicStructures', can be folded. I can't think of any non-structures that can be folded, are there any?

Sent from my iPhone

On 23 Jun 2016, at 1:53 PM, Boisvert2, Eric (NRCan/RNCan) via GeoSciML <geosciml at lists.opengeospatial.org<mailto:geosciml at lists.opengeospatial.org>> wrote:

?  Fold does require a geologic structure (not the more general GeologicFeature)-there has to be some kind of structure whose original orientation is known or inferred in order to recognize that there is a fold.

Ok.. I see your point now.  You mean that in order to observe the fold, you need some structure of which you know the original orientation (actually makes lot of sense).