[GeoSciML] A new web portal using GeoSciML and EarthResourceML [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Raymond Oliver Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Mon Jun 27 01:03:48 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Some of you may have noticed that I have been pretty quiet as acting-chair of the GSML SWG in the last 6 months. The reason is that I have been preoccupied with this:  http://portal.geoscience.gov.au

The Australian Geoscience Information Network* - Geoscience Portal is an Australian government web portal that went live today.  It delivers Australian geoscience spatial data in an entirely web services environment.  Included in the many data layers in the Portal are GeoSciML, EarthResourceML, and GeoSciML-Portrayal WMS and WFS data served from eight different Australian government jurisdictions.  There are also services that use Australasian-developed simple WFS/WMS standards that are based on our CGI and OGC work - MinOccML and MineralTenementML<http://schemas.geoscience.gov.au/>.  Some of our most recently-published WMS/WFS services are simple borehole services that use GeoSciML-Portrayal v4.0 with Australian extensions<http://schemas.geoscience.gov.au/geosciml>, taking advantage of the Portrayal schema's "any" property for adding on our specific local needs.  The Portal also uses CSW catalog services for discovery of geoscience datasets and publications.

The Geoscience Portal is a result of a decade of web services research and development under the AuScope<http://www.auscope.org.au/auscope-grid/> program, working hand-in-hand with CGI and OGC.

   *   AusGIN - no prizes for guessing where that name came from.

Team Lead  - Information Management  |  Resources Division Information Services
GEOSCIENCE AUSTRALIA

Phone: +61 2 6249 9575 (office)  |  +61 414 973 005 (mobile)
Email:   oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au<mailto:oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au>  |  ollieraymond99 at gmail.com<mailto:ollieraymond99 at gmail.com>
Web:   www.ga.gov.au<http://www.ga.gov.au/>

Cnr Jerrabomberra Avenue and Hindmarsh Drive,  Symonston,  ACT
GPO Box 378,  Canberra,  ACT,  2601,  Australia