[GeoSciML] A question about fault definitions [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Raymond Oliver Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Tue Mar 7 21:40:38 EST 2017

Question answered in red below.  Many thanks to Ross Cayley at the Geological Survey of Victoria.

Hi GeoSciML team,

I have received a question from David Heron in New Zealand about the definitions of some fault-related concepts in GeoSciML.  Can those of you with more structural geology experience please provide some clarification for David, and let us know if we need to update our vocabulary definitions?

Many thanks,
Ollie