[GeoSciML] ISO19115-3 SVN model moved ?

Boisvert2, Eric (NRCan/RNCan) eric.boisvert2 at canada.ca
Mon Sep 4 10:01:35 EDT 2017

I just realized that the SVN location for metadata (a.k.a 19115-3) that we use in GeoSciML is gone.

In was pointing here:

https://inspire-twg.jrc.ec.europa.eu/svn/iso/isotc211/Drafts/trunk/implementation-XML

This particular folder is not there anymore (is was "Draft" but on the other hand, this is what SVN is for)
There are other resources, including 19115 on this svn, but not quite sure how to address this.

Right now, (I think) it just means that our copy of ISO-19115 is frozen to what we have in EAP - for those who has a copy - so it's still possible to generate XSD, but someone who wants to set up a new EAP from scratch can't.  Unless there is an alternate location we can point to.  I'm not sure if a) there is an exact copy somewhere else and if not b) does it impact our current model (like.. namespace or change in classes ?)

Also: I had to add a security exception to get to the SVN - seems that the https certification has expired (?)

Eric Boisvert, MSc

Professionnel de Recherche - Reseach Officer
Commission géologique du Canada - Geological Survey of Canada
Secteur des terres et des minéraux  - Lands and Minerals Sector
Ressources naturelles Canada - Natural Resources Canada

490 de la Couronne
Québec, Qc, Canada
G1K 9A9

T: 1-418-654-3705 F: 1-418-654-2615