[GeoSciML] GeoSciML meeting during TC Tuesday 25th June 2019

Scott Simmons ssimmons at opengeospatial.org
Mon Jun 10 10:28:56 EDT 2019

OGC API - Features (formerly known as WFS 3.0) supports any native CRS, but defaults to WGS84 for the Core:

"The implementations compliant with the Core are not required to support publishing feature geometries in coordinate reference systems other than http://www.opengis.net/def/crs/OGC/1.3/CRS84 <http://www.opengis.net/def/crs/OGC/1.3/CRS84>. The Core also does not specify a capability to request feature geometries in a different coordinate reference system than the native one of the published features. Such a capability will be specified in another part(s) of the OGC API Features series.”

GeoJSON is an allowed feature encoding, but not mandatory (no encodings are mandatory). The first extension to the core under work is the CRS extension.

I’ve copied the main editors on the candidate standard for more information.

Best Regards,
Scott