[GeoSciML] GeoSciML meeting during TC Tuesday 25th June 2019

Clemens Portele portele at interactive-instruments.de
Mon Jun 10 11:20:48 EDT 2019

James,

in the interest of interoperability all implementations have to support WGS84 lon/lat. See http://docs.opengeospatial.org/DRAFTS/17-069r1.html#_coordinate_reference_systems. Implementations may support additonal CRSs and Part 2 will specify how to do it. Several implementations have already implemented CRS support based on the current draft of part 2.

I understand this is not your preferred approach, but I hope you also understand the reasons for the requirement. There have not been any comments on this in the public review or from any of the implementations since the first draft release in April 2018.

Best regards,
Clemens