[GeoSciML] INSPIRE borehole mappingFrame values

Cox, Simon (L&W, Clayton) Simon.Cox at csiro.au
Tue Jun 25 05:07:17 EDT 2019

I think the mapping frame /sampling frame for an interval is "the borehole". This is the larger geometrical context with the same dimensionality as the feature, which provides a reference frame for the feature's geometry. It allows you to specify the interval using just the offset within the borehole, rather than reiterating the 3d geometry of the interval.