[GeoSciML] GeoScienceDWG session during the Dec 20 Virtual OGC TC Meeting: Presentation link + discussion wrap-up

Beaufils Mickael M.Beaufils at brgm.fr
Wed Dec 9 03:39:48 EST 2020

[Sorry for cross-postings]

Dear all,

It was a real pleasure to have you yesterday for the GeoScienceDWG session.

One of the best audience we had in the DWG, nice presentations and fruitful discussions.

Presentations:

-        I am collecting them from the presenters (this means "Dear presenters, please send them to me :)")

-        They will be published soon on: https://external.ogc.org/twiki_public/GeoScienceDWG/WebHome and also on the https://portal.ogc.org/

Discussion wrap-up:

-        Evocating the impact of going (Geo)JSON(-LD) for GeoSciML and associated data models

o   GeoSciML has dependencies on other standards, such as SWE,

o   But there are JSON Encoding Rules for SWE Common,

o   Deeper investigation have to be made,

o   GeoSciML-Lite is identified as the first candidate for such experimentations,

o   A 1 or 2 days workshop is proposed to address the topic and should be scheduled around March or April 2021,

o   BRGM to propose a doodle + draft agenda.

Once again, thank you to the presenters and attendees for yesterday.

Have a nice day!

Mickael Beaufils - BRGM
GeoScience DWG chair