[GeoSciML] Location of ShapeChange configuration for generation of GeoSciML schemas

Boisvert2, Eric (NRCan/RNCan) eric.boisvert2 at canada.ca
Thu Feb 20 07:31:41 EST 2020

I looked at the version I have and it's 4.0.  I remember (?) that because I could not make the <<Union>> pattern to encode the way GeoSciML 3.2 was, I had to encode this bit manually (and because of the requirement of maintaining sequence, it's not as trivial as copy-paste).  Because of that, I might have encoded the minor changes for 4.1.1 manually as well with the intent to "fix it later" when I because more familiar with ShapeChange - which obviously never happened.  There is also the metadata issue - the EAP points to metadata package that has change location (should not break ShapeChange if you don't refresh packages in EAP)

So, the v 4.0 in SVN the one I have too. Since changed are in the model, changing the config to 4.1 and running it will generate a schema that will still need some fixing, unless someone who is more saavy that me with SC can fix it.

This said: My XML spy refuses to validate http://schemas.opengis.net/gsml/4.1/laboratoryAnalysis-Specimen.xsd because it complains it can't find

http://standards.iso.org/iso/19115/-3/cit/1.0/cit.xsd

This URL works fine in a browser (the xsd just contains an include statement to another xsd that also exists).  Is this just a problem in my side ?

Eric